Sunday, February 28, 2010

May the Cornell Blogging Commence!

The Cornell blogging has officially begun! Thanks Don, for the tips you gave today that will make my blogging that much easier.

Today Andrew Woo, Don and I sat down at the Hercules Public Library and went over how to go about customizing the Cornell blog site. He showed us how to edit the currently bland Cornell dashboard into something that is a bit more interesting to look at. Now that we have the information, all we Cornellians have to do is get together and decide how we are going to make this blogosphere our own.

I can't wait until more blogs from this year start popping up so I can read about my fellow ILC scholars' experiences.

Before I sign off, I'd just like to thank everyone involved in my ILC experience for making this whole thing possible: Mr. Ramsey, Don Gosney, Ms. Kronenberg, Mrs. Kaplan, Ms. Lamons, and my fellow Cornellians. This invaluable experience would not be possible without all of you and I am truly grateful. The ILC has opened a new door for my life and has given me an opportunity that I never would have been able to take part in otherwise. I have seen firsthand that the ILC has introducted bright and worthy students attending public schools to Ivy League colleges to attend their summer programs and to return as mature young people ready for any challenge placed before them. For these things, I simply cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you again.

2 comments:

  1. Alex,

    This is a good start. We're getting into the right frame of mind by writing about things that others might find of interest and you wrote it well.

    If you're reading this you're seeing that even while we wait for our Cornellians to adapt their site to their own needs, I've made a few modifications in font colors to make things easier to read. Part of the process calls for us to try things and see what works and when it doesn't, make the necessary changes before too many people notice.

    In the mean time, we'll just keep plugging along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,

    I am so happy that we are started with the blogs.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you all put together.

    As Don said, we'll just keep plugging and blogging

    ReplyDelete