Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Busy, Busy Day

This morning I woke up exhausted. I blame it all on the beds. I feel like I sleep the same amount of hours as I do at home but I don’t rest as well. I’ve also realized I have a very special learning style. I need some sort of interactive learning. I can’t sit still and listen for long periods of time. I need to be visually looking at something or writing something down. Otherwise I start to doze off. I know it’s a terrible habit but it’s impossible to control, I try and try but it’s so difficult. Even if the lecture’s interesting, I can’t help but doze off. It’s not like I sit there and yawn either my eyes just automatically start to close.

Luckily by the time I start seriously having issues paying attention it’s time for a break and a switch of environments. We move to the computer labs. Today, once again we explored Microsoft Office. We learned how to make our Memo templates, which we had to turn in at the end of office hours. I ran into some complications so I decided to stay for a little bit after class to get some help from the TA’s. This helped later when I had to make my own memo template.

I also did my laundry today. I had to set up an online account using my NET ID for a laundry plan. It was pretty simple and you can keep track of your machines online. The only bad part is having to go all the way down to the basement and then back up to the dorm room. That’s a hassle. But, my clothes is clean and I’m happy.

Tomorrow I want to go to the Cornell Store and buy a sweater. The weather’s been really strange lately. It’s cold, then it’s warm, then it’s sunny but cold, then the sun goes down and it’s just cold, and all of our rooms are strongly air conditioned. I’M ALWAYS COLD. I hate being cold. I was wearing full on jeans and a cardigan today and I was still freezing all day. I guess it’s better than being extremely hot. Day 3 of school and I already feel like we've been here a full week.

No comments:

Post a Comment