Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It Keeps Getting Better

Today was the second day of class here at Cornell. We did the usual, met up for breakfast, the hotelies had to leave very early to start walking to class, class, eat lunch, class, walk back to the dorm, rest, eat dinner, walk to office hours and then walk back to class. This, with minimal variation, is what seems to be our set schedule for the rest of our program. It is about a 20 minute walk from our dorm to the hotel school. A trip we are required to make twice a day, which means that we are walking for about one hour and twenty minutes each day! Now, I am definitely not the exercise fanatic and I know its great to keep in shape by walking everywhere but the weather here is so unbearable, I find the walk to be an irritating nuisance. Thus, after his experience, I do not think Cornell (or any other large school) is for me because of the distance between the different buildings.

Class was very interesting today. My favorite lecturer is Mr. McCarthy as he is very lively and humorous throughout his presentations. Both of the professors obviously are experts in their field and it shows. Today, Mark gave us a presentation about how to properly write a memo, showed us how to make a template and gave a brief lecture on business computing. Reneta gave us an overview of the CHESS program, which we will start playing tomorrow. I have been looking forward to playing CHESS for a very long time and am definitely excited.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the hat and humidity. I've taken more showers here daily than ever before. Waiting for the subway below ground is the hottest yet. I really appreciate California weather.

    ReplyDelete