Sunday, July 11, 2010

An Adventurous Day

It felt so good being able to sleep in as long as I wanted. I woke up at around 10:15, and at about 10:40 I headed to breakfast meeting most of my fellow ILC cohorts, and some other friends for brunch. Brunch wasn’t too bad, and so I mixed up my food selection a little more than usual, but I stuck with my basic choices, of cereal, fruit, and juice. After brunch the guys of the group left together to go bowling for a quick game. When we arrived to the bowling facilities, we found out that it was closed on Sundays, so we just played basketball for a while. We shot around, played horse, and did various other basketball related games. After the game we played Frisbee, and then we all met downstairs with Mrs. Kaplan to get ready canoeing, on Lake Cayuga.
The car ride to Lake Cayuga was very short and painless, it only took about 10 minutes to get there, it was the same location I which we took our boat ride. In my canoe was Jacky, and Dyana, we stated off slow, and we drove recklessly, but about 20 minutes in we began to get the hang of it, and it was really fun and interesting. About 4 times we ran it to the dock, trees, and various other plants. But as I said we did eventually get the hang of it and began to go full steam ahead so to speak.
We were on the lake for about an hour and a half, all 90 minutes was very fun. We went to the “Boat House” restaurant and ate after canoeing, and the food was pretty good, I have no complaints. We headed back to our dorm rooms, after eating, and I went to get my midterm grade from my T.A. When we got there, the highest grade was an A minus, in which only one person received this grade, and a handful of people got a “C” OR LOWER. Everyone was very nervous, but when I got my grade I was fairly happy. I received a “B,” so I wasn’t too happy, nor was I upset, next I know I’ll do better.
After getting our grade we went to Dinner, and the food to me was exponentially better because the adult college started today. So I’m assuming they knew adults wouldn’t want to eat the food we’ve been eating, so they had to make it better. I was pleased to have eaten edible food today. Also what added to the great dinner was, Chris was handing out trays and silver ware to people who came in the dorm, as a part of his service learning project for hotel administration. I have to work hard on revising my Plato essay, so I’ll be signing off now. Talk to you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment