Monday, July 12, 2010

A Long Night Lies Ahead...

Marx: the heavyweight champion of Prof. K’s class. The night has finally arrived that we must read the Communist Manifesto… all forty-some pages in our textbook. I didn’t dislike reading Marx the first time, but he was not exactly the most interesting. It was a strange experience to read about his thinking because it was a stark contrast to the way contemporary Americans think in terms of the economy and making their way in the world. We want to appropriate as much wealth as possible, but Marx (what with his belief in Communism and all) thinks that the appropriation of wealth and property is something to frown upon. He was also very eloquent so I could imagine that he would be a very influential speaker. He wasn’t someone I would go out of my way to read, but his work is certainly fascinating.

Today was a pretty straightforward day in class. We turned in the second drafts of our Plato essays today and did peer review again. I think I did a good job on my essay because halfway through reading my essay, Emily asked why I was making it so difficult to find flaws (Simon instructed us to find a couple of sentences that could be written more concisely). I just hope that Simon gives it a good review because that means that I won’t have to do much for my final draft. I think I should be fine because all of my corrections were based on his comments. All I can do now is hope for the best.

The final push is ahead of me. I think I’m ready for the challenge. I’ve prepared for months for this last week and it is finally here. It is going to be rough. I’ll try to write as much as I can in the blogs, but time may limit me. Now is one of those times. Marx calls me, and I must respond. And now I’m signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment