Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Here We Go Again

We ran our final CHESS simulation today. Our expenses were changed, and a lot of costs on advertising were cut down. I didn’t really think this method was the way to go, but everything is worth a try, so we tried it and our total department income ended up being about $390,000. Unfortunately, we were supposed to have the hotel make $420,000. Luckily, we aren’t graded on how well our hotel performs, instead we’re graded on how well we can analyze why our hotel performed as it did.

At office hours today, SPENCER helped me with my housekeeping schedule problem. I think I just needed more direction, I’m going to study it though, and probably try another one of the sample problems just to make sure I can do it by myself. 

Not only does this assignment make up for one of our worst test scores, but I think it’s also going to be a quiz tomorrow. I just have a very strong feeling it will be. 

By the way, Spencer’s one of our TA’s. Lucky him, he gets to answer most of my never ending questions, sometimes I need a lot of help! Sorry Spencer. I really appreciate it though because he’s always really patient and he never says no, even though sometimes he jokes around about saying no.

Our blogs have become an interesting topic of conversation. People ask about them, why we write them and how they can read them. I really never thought they were all that interesting! Other people seem to think otherwise, it’s actually really nice of them.

Anyways, the countdown went from 12 to 4 in the blink of an eye. I’m not really all that sure where last week even went.

2 comments:

  1. Jacky,

    Someone must think your blogs are worth reading: you're averaging better than 151 hits per day. Take away the parents, Mr. Ramsey, Ms. Kronenberg and myself and that still leaves about 125 per day so you must be doing something right.

    Did you ever think that running a hotel and making a profit would be so complex?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad people are reading them, it gives us something to look forward to.

    I had no idea hotels had to take so much into consideration, finding the right business mix, spending the right amount of money on the right customer, it all affects the total outcome. It's more than I ever though.

    ReplyDelete