Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kramnick Time

After three weeks of hard work, it has come to this final moment before the final exam. All the time and dedication to doing well has now come to tomorrow morning’s examination. I feel confident that I will be able to do well on the test but am not willing to let it passively come to me. I plan to spend most of my time studying, forming little charts tying together different concepts and skimming through quotes.

Given tomorrow we take the Final, today was our last day of lectures. Professor Kramnick gave us his interpretations on the magnificent writings of Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X, and concluded the entire session on how this entire course is tied together. I feel that these two philosophers brought great closure with how they base a lot of their arguments from previous philosophers such as Augustine and Aquinas. 

Before we left, he thanked us for participating in the course and commented on how fortunate it is for us to be here at Cornell. He brought up an analogy saying how a small percentage within the world really get a college education. This definitely inspires me to keep my commitment to going to a good college such as Cornell or anywhere in the country; hopefully encouraging others to also reach for their goals. We are in a country full of opportunities and it is up to us to take the initiative to embrace it as well as spread it to others.

I can’t wait till the exam is over and I promise I will take hundreds of last photos before the graduation this Saturday. Till then, see ya!

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    Okay, pal, are you really as ready as you think? We hope do.

    Do you find it interesting that the philosophical background of Malcolm X and martin Luther King, Jr. are similar yet their approaches to the implementation of their ideas is so dissimilar?

    ReplyDelete