Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nothing like DVC!

A heat wave has left the east coast in sweat. It is more than humid here in Ithaca, especially because we have to walk for half an hour to get to our class. I don’t remember the last time I had breakfast, but today I did. I actually just ate fruit because I don’t like Appel’s breakfast, or breakfast at all for that matter.

Anyway, today was a very hectic day for me. Once again, I left the dorm early today at 7:20 AM and returned at 9:30 PM. I found myself struggling with learning Excel and the proper Report Template format, for I never have the speedy eye to follow along step by step, nor take notes simultaneously, but I did remember most of what we learned today in Excel.

What really bothered me was the Report Template. I found myself spending 4 hours working on simply the format, just because I don’t like computers very much or these very specific programs with many “functionalities.” I love using that word, Mark introduced it to us and it sounds cool. Although I struggled with it, I managed to finish it in the free time that we had before office hours, but then office hours began so I started getting the information for the Individual Report, due Friday. I actually liked working in Excel; it’s much simpler and more accessible. I am pretty nervous to work on the Report tomorrow, it should be around 5-6 pages. We also have a quiz on Excel tomorrow that I must go study for. By the way, because I skipped dinner again, I ordered a chicken gyro from a restaurant called “The Connection.” Let me tell you, it was awful, nothing like the wonderful gyros near DVC.

No comments:

Post a Comment