Monday, July 12, 2010

Live by the Spirit

Today was the beginning of our final week here at Cornell University. It has been a long time since I remember leaving home with everyone, our midnight stay at O’Hare airport, and the first days at Cornell. As the days past, I have become more familiar with the campus, fellow students, and the surrounding area including Collegetown. One thing I will take from this experience is the importance of having friends and associates. Whenever I want to do something, the instant thought is to get everyone I know and do it together. If I were to have no friends come along with me to Cornell, the experience here would probably be still exciting, with getting to know other people, but I lose that crucial sense of familiarity. We are like a family, and no matter what happens we work together and spend plenty of time joking around. Regardless of how hot or even work loaded we may be, our spirits remain high because we have each other to depend on.

In this final stretch, the main goal of mine is to maintain work ethic and at the same time try to interact with others. This is a serious opportunity to meet people from all over the world and I promise myself that I should not let it go unattended. Through playing cardgames or throwing Frisbees around the quad, I love making those connections not only with Cornell but also people.

After today’s lecture, we went down to the Robert Purcell Community Center to play a game of pool before hitting the textbooks once again. As mundane as it may be, I still am refreshed to move on throughout the day.

In the next few days, I am sure to be talking about my intense studies in preparation for our final paper in the Freedom and Justice class and the final exam. Till then, Andrew is signing off.

1 comment: