Friday, July 9, 2010

It Is What You Make It

I think everything we feel isn’t only a physical characteristic, but also a mental one. I should be exhausted and unable to even move, or be awake at this point, but I’m fine! In fact, I actually really have a lot of energy, I’m probably going to crash 2.5 seconds after I finish writing this blog, but for now, I have the most energy I’ve had all week.

This morning, it was a different story. First all-nighter at Cornell, whoops. That thing about sleep, thrown out the window last night. It went by so quickly, I’m not even sure how I made it through the whole night. In the morning, I saved my work, got dressed, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and went to breakfast. There I found our Chris didn’t sleep either. We were so tired. We had guest presentations through Skype in class today, and it was so difficult for me to concentrate. Luckily, we had an extension on our report deadline. Instead of being due at 12pm today, we had until 3pm, that was perfect. At 10:30am we were done with our guest presentation and had the rest of the time for our reports. I took a nap for about an hour and a half, then I was ready to go.

I finished my report at around 2pm and waited for a couple of friends to finish so that we could all walk back to the dorms together. We were all starving, probably because we all skipped lunch, and nothing was open, plus it was hot so we really didn’t want to go walking around everywhere. My friend Kelsey and I ordered some burgers and while we were waiting for them to be delivered we went downstairs to the basement and did some laundry. Then we came back upstairs to eat, and we looked outside and realized the humidity had dropped, and there was actually cold wind. It was an opportunity we couldn’t waste so we went outside to take a walk.

After we came back to the dorms, showered and got ready for the “Decades Dance” tonight. In between the getting ready, I had a little chance to take a nap, so I slept for about half an hour. I felt great after.

The dance was also really, really fun. It is what you make it, and we all made it so much fun. I wish we could have more nights like this. But, it feels really accomplishing because we have been working so hard, it was nice to get a little break tonight. Now I feel the exhaustion, and I’m going to sleep. We have a super early wake-up call tomorrow morning, we’re going to Colgate University.

No comments:

Post a Comment