Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mishap and Mayhem

TODAY HAS BEEN ONE OF THE LONGEST DAYS OF MY LIFE. It’s Fourth of July, but honestly, it doesn’t feel like a holiday, at all. While most kids are out having fun, I’ve been doing work for most of the day, and we still have a lot of work to do. We have to condense our presentation. Somehow, it’s so much longer than it needs to be, we have an amazing amount of information we need to shorten because we’re so far well over our 8 minute limit, I would rather just leave it at that. We have got our work well cut out for us.

At least this morning I got to sleep in and have a late brunch at around 11am. After that I came back to my dorm, read some of Crime and Punishment for my summer assignment, and then took a shower. A little while later Andrew came over and we did work together. He worked on his essay and I worked on my powerpoint presentation. All this work, all the time! I think it’s all going to be worth it in the end though, it’s an amazing experience and we really are learning so much. Most important, outside of the class work and the homework, the assignments and al, we’re learning life skills. We have to be responsible we have to manage our time and we have to work with people we normally wouldn’t work with. My group fails under stress.

Our behavioral styles are just, different and arguments begin, tensions rise, and I can’t help but walk away from it. I can’t stand not being able to talk things out calmly without having one person on a different page because they’re trying to do something else while we’re trying to discuss one thing. Sounds confusing, I know, sorry, it is very confusing. I’m so tired, check in is now, and we still have to meet up downstairs to somehow pull it all together. I mostly just want to give up and sleep, but I know that isn’t an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment