Saturday, July 3, 2010

Documented.

WE LEFT CORNELL TODAY! I think all of us needed that. I feel so much better again. I’m happy and relaxed again. I know we have a lot of work to do still, but at least we had a day to have fun and relax. We went down to a cruise along Cayuga Lake, one of the finger lakes. I had a shrimp salad and pineapple juice, both were actually really good. I was glad to get some food outside of Appel Commons. After that we went to a state park, where there was a swimming lake! It’s all local, it’s amazing how the west coast actually has parks with lakes you can swim in, I’ve never been to anything like that back in California. The water was so cold though, I swam for a while and after the water didn’t get any warmer, I figured it wasn’t going to get any warmer. I got out of the lake and sat in the sun so that I could get warmer.

Soon after that, we left the park and came back to the campus. On our way back we took a few detours in order to look at some historical landmarks in Ithaca, like the Clinton House. Wing played our own personal tour guide. Once we were back in the dorms we took a shower and went to dinner. Today was my first time at Appel since Wednesday. It hasn’t gotten any better, I really think it’s unhealthy.

We were going to go bowling after dinner, but then we realized it’s closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Instead of bowling we came back to the dorms to blog together. The plans for the rest of the night consist of reading for summer assignments, and researching for our presentation on Monday.

Oh, and on a side note! I got documented today for leaving with Mrs. Kaplan. The RCA’s on our floor take their job very seriously. We gave them the forms and everything, but they said they still had to write it up because it was an “incident.” I talked to my mom and she said they called her too and they didn’t seem to understand that Mrs. Kaplan is our legal guardian with our parents consent. Our RCA talked to us and said we're probably going to get a letter, but we're not in trouble or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment